At Dentistry with Care Chatswood, we offer the latest in dental implant surgery techniques. Our experienced dental surgeon, Dr Cecilia So, provides an in-house service, so you don’t have to travel anywhere else.
What are dental implants?
Implants are the most advanced dental solution for people wanting to replace their missing tooth or teeth. Made of biocompatible titanium, dental implants fuse with the jawbone in a process called ‘osseointegration’. Like the roots of teeth, once placed, dental implants provide a permanent anchor for replacement teeth, including crowns and bridges.
When might you need an implant?
Dental implants are an ideal solution for people who have lost one or more teeth. This may be as a result of an injury, periodontal disease or some other reason. Good candidates for implants will be in good general and oral health and have adequate bone in the jaw to support the implant.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Implants offer a number of important cosmetic and functional benefits to people with a missing tooth or teeth. Dental implants:
- are a permanent solution, providing teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth
- do not slip because they are anchored into the jaw, so there is no discomfort or embarrassment
- are a convenient solution because you can clean them along with your natural teeth
- have the strength of titanium to give you a reliable foundation for chewing
- prevent the shifting of teeth surrounding the missing tooth so your facial appearance doesn’t change
- provide a ‘stand-alone’ solution for a missing tooth or teeth as they do not compromise the health of surrounding teeth
Those with brittle or damaged jaw bones might not be eligible for dental implants. The initial appointment with our dentist will confirm your suitability.