What is cosmetic dentistry?
At Dentistry with Care Chatswood, we like to help our patients achieve a natural beauty. Our aim is to give you back the confidence to smile. This, in turn, can change how people relate to you.
Cosmetic dentistry refers to the range of dental treatments which restore or improve the appearance of a person’s teeth, gums, bite or smile. Many dental treatments fall into this category, including:
- teeth whitening
- tooth-coloured fillings
- bridges or crowns
- dental veneers
- dental implants
- gum lifts
When is cosmetic dentistry used?
These treatments can assist any person wanting to improve the appearance of their teeth and gums and also their dental hygiene. They are commonly used in cases of:
- discoloured or stained teeth
- chipped or misshapen teeth
- crooked teeth
- missing teeth
- teeth with unsightly gaps between them
What are the benefits?
Firstly, the main benefit of cosmetic dentistry is the creation or restoration of an aesthetically pleasing smile.
Additionally, there are other social and health benefits associated with cosmetic dentistry, including:
- an improved psychological outlook and higher self-esteem
- the reversal of dental problems that were previously a source of embarrassment
- better oral health because straight teeth are easier to clean and decay is easier to spot on white teeth
- where missing teeth have been replaced, the prevention of teeth drifting within the mouth and excessive wear and tear on surrounding teeth
- avoiding the need for more costly dental treatment in the future
- additional strength and protection against decay in cases where dental crowns have been fitted
in conclusion, cosmetic dentistry can change your appearance and change your life. However, not all cosmetic dental treatments are appropriate for every person. Importantly, the state of a person’s oral health determines their suitability for cosmetic dentistry. The initial appointment with our dentist will confirm your suitability for cosmetic dentistry.