At Dentistry with Care Chatswood, we offer the highest quality dental crowns and bridges for a smile that is like new again.
A full coverage dental crown is a way of restoring a badly damaged tooth and it is designed protect the entire structure of the tooth.
Dental crowns are made to look and feel like natural teeth. They are durable and strong and will last you for many years.
Why would I need a dental crown
There are two main reasons why we would recommend a dental crown to our patients:
- sometimes a tooth can be damaged to the extent that its strength is compromised, such as when there is a large filling. This can cause stresses on the remaining tooth structure as the filling expands and contracts when you bite. We may recommend a crown when a tooth is fractured or cracked and you need to hold it together and prevent further tooth loss.
- if you have had a root canal treatment. This may lead to drying of the tooth, causing it to become more brittle, prone to fracture and discolouration.
A dental bridge is a way of restoring your smile when a tooth is missing. We may recommend a bridge for patients who have lost a tooth, leaving a space with teeth on either side. Our dentists can this gap by placing dental crowns on the teeth on either side and connecting a false tooth to the crowns.
The two main reasons why we would recommend a bridge are:
- If an implant is unlikely to be successful, for example if a patient has osteoporosis, diabetes or is a smoker.
- If the teeth either side of the gap need a crown restoration and a bridge will reduce the amount of treatment needed.
Benefits of a dental bridge
A dental bridge can:
- close the gap created by missing tooth,
- improve your biting function so you can enjoy the foods you love
- prevent neighbouring teeth from moving
- produce a natural-looking result
- give you the confidence that comes with a great-looking smile
To discuss your options with our friendly, professional dentists, book an appointment today.